How to implement the EasyPlatform Pixel on your website
With online advertising platform EasyPlatform you have full-access to our Audience center which provides you with a variety of marketing instruments. Using them you can create personalized, dynamic ads for your strategy and target your preferred user audience.
What is the upside of using our EasyPlatform Pixel?
By implementing the code on your website you are able to track different actions your users make like making an order; signing up for a newsletter; or filling out a form. Using this gathered data you can add them to a custom audience – for example - all buyers. After this you are ready to create a personalized ad experience for each different audience depending on the message you want to convey!
Activating Easylatform Audience Center
To begin using our pixel, you will need to activate the EasyAds Audience Center in your profile in the platform.
If you aren’t a part of EasyPlatform you can sign up for free here »
After login, go to the Audience menu and then follow these steps:
- Activate EasyPlatform Audience Center by clicking on the green button;
- Generate your unique EasyPlatform Pixel code. You can choose from copying the pixel code directly from there and implementing it on your website; or forward it with instructions to the person responsible for your website via email;
- If you have chosen to implement it yourself – all you have to do is copy the code and place it on your website. You can also use Google Tag Manager;
Direct implementation on website
Copy the EasyPlatform Pixel code and place it right after the opening <body> of your site. Make sure the code runs on all of your individual pages otherwise you will not be tracking all the data and your user audiences will be incomplete.
Implementation with Google Tag Manager
In Tag Manager, you will need to create a new Tag, type Custom HTML. Then in the box place the EasyPlatform Pixel and activate it with a trigger to all pages.
By following these steps and adding the pixel code to all of your website pages you will be able to create an audience of either everyone who has visited your website or of users who have been on only a certain page. To track user actions such as Add to Cart, Button-click, Scroll, Time spent on page etc. you need to create a Custom Event in the Audience Center and implement the custom code. We provide you beforehand with the most used ones. Of course, you can create personalized events according to your marketing needs! You will see Conversion data for your Events in the Reports.
Standard Events, available by default:
- ViewContent - tracks every user who sees a certain page; this can include a pop-up window as well;
- Search - all users who have used a search bar.
- AddToCart - tracks users who have added a product to the cart.
- ViewCart - viewed products in the cart.
- AddToWishlist - added a product to favorites/wishlist.
- InitiateCheckout - started the process of check-out.
- AddPaymentInfo - added required final payment info.
- Purchase - made a successful order; this conversion is also used by non-ecommerce websites but who still wish to track an important event regarding their business.
- Lead - filled-out a lead form - this can include signing up for a newsletter, promotion, etc.
- CompleteRegistration - made a successful registration.
You will find these conversion listed in the Audience menu → Events. You can generate their custom code for implementation by clicking on the Generate code button. Note that all conversion codes must be placed after the main pixel code on your website.
If you are using Google Tag Manager - create a new Custom HTML tag:
1 - Click Tags New.
2 - Click Tag Configuration and select Custom HTML.
3 - Copy the EasyPlatform Conversion code and paste it into the HTML field.
Creating personalized conversions - Custom Events
As mentioned, you can create and track custom events according to your website needs. To do so, go to the Audience menu → Events → Add Custom Event. First set a name for your conversion - you can use latin alphabet letters, numbers and dashes, without spaces. You can also define the custom parameters to provide even more detailed information about the event.
Defining conversion parameters
Parameters provide you with options to send over additional info to the pixel and create even more personalized audiences. Make sure to activate and define all of your parameters in the platform before implementing them on your website. The parameters available are:
- Uniqueness - this allows you to define if the conversion is unique or not. If you choose “Yes” - it will track the first (unique) event and then it will stop. Once a conversions is marked as unique, after the it becomes non-unique. For example, if you flag the Purchase event as unique once a customer makes an order you will only see 1 purchase in your reports. Make sure you use this parameter attentively so you gather correct data.
- Value - the parameters allows you to send over the value of the action. For example it can be the value of an order, a reservation number, etc. The parameter also accepts values with a decimal comma.
- Content name - here you can add a short description to the conversion. The parameter differentiates between lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, mathematical symbols, currency symbols and punctuation marks. However, it does NOT accept the combo \’. The system saves and send only the most recently defined content.
- Content category - same as Content.
- Content id - here you can send over an array of data which is very convenient when you are working with a multitude of products. Once again the system differentiates between lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, mathematical symbols, currency symbols and punctuation marks.
- Quantity - this allows you to define the number of products.
- Search string - this allows you to track what the users of your websites are searching for, even if they do not visit a certain page.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance implementing your pixel code and defining your events! We would gladly help you set up everything correctly and meet you marketing needs.