Programmatic deals for Publishers and Advertisers - Direct Deals Manager by EasyPlatform™
As a publisher, you can easily offer your inventory to your clients programmatically. No, we are not talking about programmatic software with hefty annual fees, connecting through an SSP, AdExchange and all that unnecessary hassle. We can easily integrate with your ad serving software and provide you with an excellent solution for Programmatic Direct Sales. No matter which ad serving solution you use on your website we can provide the perfect tool for your direct deals with your clients!
What is Programmatic Direct exactly?
Programmatic direct is when an Advertiser (buyer) buys ad inventory directly from a Publisher with an agreement to specific delivery options, and a predetermined price. In 2019, Programmatic Direct accounted for over 60% of programmatic ad spend! It’s no wonder it’s the preferred programmatic selling method for publishers – it helps them achieve higher prices for their ad inventory compared to the open market (AdSense or any other RTB source). Publishers can negotiate better prices and up their traffic value once they understand the type of inventory and audience an Advertiser is looking for.
So what is the disadvantage for Publishers?
You need software to manage it! Although programmatic direct comes with many benefits as mentioned above, it requires a technical solution for both sides. To execute a direct deal, a publisher needs an advanced ad server while a buyer needs direct access to the publisher’s inventory via his own management dashboard.
There is a variety of both free and paid ad servers that you can use as a publisher. However, on the buyer side, there are only a few and usually very expensive buying platforms (DSPs) which can give advertisers access to publisher inventory. One of them is the popular Google Display&Video 360. Unfortunately, only big ad agencies have access to such platforms because they are able to comply with the minimum ad spend requirements by having huge ad volume from all their clients combined. This is why many small or medium advertisers stay away from direct deals with local publishers – they do not have the proper tool to buy inventory from them. That is why they prefer using Open Market tools and Social Ads and thus not spending in display advertising in media websites as they could.
Even digital agencies who control small and medium budgets do not have access to expensive buying software. To avoid complicated programmatic direct deals and negotiations with the publishers, they advise advertisers to spend all their budgets on Facebook, YouTube or Google Ads and rarely dedicate a budget to a certain publisher. Automation, big data and optimization is all you can hear from them, ignoring all the gains of positioning a product or service within premium media content.
But why should publishers agree to this?
In an ever-changing digital advertising and ad technology landscape, programmatic direct will play an essential role. So, if you want to increase your ad revenue and be part of the future programmatic market, you need to find the best way to sell your ad inventory to clients of any size and level of experience. Why not let the experts help? Below are some of the most advantageous aspects of using our Direct Deals solution:
- Click-To-Buy solution for launching direct campaigns. Advertisers can see all available Public deals, create campaigns, upload banners and start spending within minutes!
- Private Deals – easy negotiation and custom prices. A publisher can create a Private Deal for certain Advertisers and share it with them only. A quick and easy negotiation process via a ticketing system helps both sides reach an agreement
- Payment processing per credit or debit card directly in the platform! No more delayed or cancelled payments! Advertisers can deposit money in our platform and pay by card or bank transfer. There is no need for the Publisher to issue invoices or worry about late payments. We take care of all payments and transfer the money to the Publisher on a monthly basis.
- Targeting and scheduling. Setting rules to determine when and where ads appear using the targeting tools: device, ISP, geo-targeting, frequency capping, time periods, day & hour parting, and ad optimization.
- Audience center for personalized and high effective campaigns. Advertisers have access to an Advanced Audience Center and can use a tracking pixel to create their own 1st party audiences and use them for remarketing campaigns in your websites. They can also use campaign data to build interaction-based audiences and avoid installing the Pixel if it is challenging for them.
- Tracking and reporting. Real-time detailed data on impressions, interactions (on rich media banners), clicks, conversions, and custom events by advertiser, campaign, ad, etc.
- User management - all Advertisers have their own accounts in the platform. Publishers can connect Advertiser accounts to their own and have easy click-to-login access to them.
So... what is the process to start your journey in Programmatic Direct Deals with us?
Add a site and create your ad units
Register for free by adding a site at EasyPlatform
Wait for approval and complete your free registration as a Publisher
Add ad units to your website and describe them as good as possible, for example: “Under Article – 300x600 – Mobile”
Deploy the ad units tags on your website
Depending on how you display your current ads, you have two options:
A. You don’t have an ad server.
Just place the ad unit tags directly in your website source code. Let AdSense or any other ad provider be your fallback ad source - go to the ad unit settings and insert AdSense code as a passback tag. The fallback ad tag should be the same size as the ad unit.
B. You have an ad server.
Use it to setup and deliver impressions to the new ad units. The passback option can help you load your ad server tag when there is no active campaign to be shown. If you use Google Ad Manager (formerly DFP) the integration is even easier, because we have prepared a detailed Setup Guideline for you! We are using key value integration to connect the two platform in order to work flawlessly.
Go to the Direct Deals section and create a custom deal:
A. Create Public Deals which will be visible for any user. You can attach a single ad unit or multiple ad units in a bundle. You can define and even lock any targeting criteria, set deal deadlines, and of course – you can set the desired price for the impressions. When an advertiser opens his Deal List will see your offer and can easily book it.
B. By knowing the advertisers profile ID you can easily create and share Private Deals with them at a special price or specific targeting criteria, frequency tracking etc. You can terminate a Private Deal anytime which will automatically stop all advertiser campaigns created from this deal. In this way you have full control and can be flexible and proactive.
Do Some Marketing
All your Public Deals will be listed in your personal advertising page on EasyPlatform.com. Let your clients know about your placements and prices by forwarding them a link to this page. You can also publish the link on your own Advertising section on your website as your rate addition.
As advertisers follow the link they will explore the available deals. In order to buy the inventory ,the advertisers have to sign up for free at EasyPlatform. After registration, they land directly at the Direct Deals section and see all your Public Deals. They can deposit funds, choose a deal and immediately create a placement-targeted campaign. Or if they have something different in mind, they can start a negotiation process and ask you to create a custom private deal for them. By knowing the advertisers profile ID you can easily create and share secret Private Deals with them at a special price without affecting the Public Deals you already have.
Here is what an Advertiser should do to start buying your inventory:
- Register for free at EasyPlatform.com
- Go to the Direct Deals Manager and explore the available deals
- Choose a deal and turn it into a campaign. (or request a new Private Deal)
- Attach banners to the campaign
- Deposit funds
- Monitor campaign performance
Utilized correctly, our Direct Deals manager will save you a lot of time and contribute to the growth of your business. If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help your business grow, contact our team or register your website.